Can you help me understand exactly which objects are being removed here? We
rely on `RTCPeerConnection.getStats()` although we pass in a stream
selector. We then iterate over the returned stats reports looking for ones
containing the values we need.

Is this a removal of the stats objects that have the fixed ID of "track"
and "stream"?

Is there any more documentation I can look at beyond the 2 sentences above?

Aaron

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 11:30 AM 'Philipp Hancke' via discuss-webrtc <
discuss-web...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Henrik,
>
> while I understand that this has been ongoing for a while in Canary
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://groups.google.com/g/discuss-webrtc/c/R7Mcux9RK6g/m/KG8qe6AEBgAJ__;!!CXy5qvaV3LQb!Ix2KcqUobwKm50elsUCPaWdYcTGjyNeE8lidhYt-G9igrvknPm-L3zzhamwSnXEmxt2scyFXPF4LyOxAqQxXL_P0vR8XbWv4ZIHS$>
> and Beta
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://groups.google.com/g/discuss-webrtc/c/9c8ZjberEcI/m/wbdQr77VBQAJ__;!!CXy5qvaV3LQb!Ix2KcqUobwKm50elsUCPaWdYcTGjyNeE8lidhYt-G9igrvknPm-L3zzhamwSnXEmxt2scyFXPF4LyOxAqQxXL_P0vR8XbUSBgkaL$>
>  for
> a while without anyone raising issues,
> the timeline "tomorrow" (with ramp-up) comes as a surprise, in particular
> considering practices like code freezes over the holidays.
>
> Can you explain why you think you don't need an intent to deprecate on
> blink-dev (cc'd)?
> (I agree they should go away but don't see a need for such an aggressive
> timeline)
>
> Am Mo., 9. Jan. 2023 um 10:40 Uhr schrieb Henrik Boström <h...@webrtc.org
> >:
>
>> With the Stable release of M109 tomorrow, the deprecated "track" and
>> "stream" stats objects returned by RTCPeerConnection.getStats() will no
>> longer be available.
>>
>> This is unshipped at 1% Stable, but it will soon ramp up further with the
>> goal of 100% unshipped in M109.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-webrtc/0ebcadca-6d66-4f7c-b7e5-d2ac707a6e84n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-webrtc/0ebcadca-6d66-4f7c-b7e5-d2ac707a6e84n*40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer__;JQ!!CXy5qvaV3LQb!Ix2KcqUobwKm50elsUCPaWdYcTGjyNeE8lidhYt-G9igrvknPm-L3zzhamwSnXEmxt2scyFXPF4LyOxAqQxXL_P0vR8XbQE_kTfc$>

> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-webrtc/CADxkKiJ-vkiyVTH%2BsSNOjv67zx0p7qLra1ePdGJS3JW3GTzfKQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-webrtc/CADxkKiJ-vkiyVTH*2BsSNOjv67zx0p7qLra1ePdGJS3JW3GTzfKQ*40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer__;JSU!!CXy5qvaV3LQb!Ix2KcqUobwKm50elsUCPaWdYcTGjyNeE8lidhYt-G9igrvknPm-L3zzhamwSnXEmxt2scyFXPF4LyOxAqQxXL_P0vR8XbYUwsAl0$>

*Confidentiality Note:* We care about protecting our proprietary
information, confidential material, and trade secrets. This message may
contain some or all of those things. Cruise will suffer material harm if
anyone other than the intended recipient disseminates or takes any action
based on this message. If you have received this message (including any
attachments) in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender
promptly.