The BMW UUC Digest 
Volume 3 : Issue 308 : "text" Format

Messages in this Issue:
  Re: <e32> Transmission woes

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 08:10:28 -0800
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: <e32> Transmission woes
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>


Jim, don't overlook the programming part.  The salvage yard that supplied a
used GM 4 speed for my wife's '93 525i advised me to keep the computer with
the transmission as a matched pair (general rule, not specific to E34s).
He provided the computer with the slushbox.  Other than that, I can add
nothing to this topic.

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: <e32> Transmission woes
>Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Gruppe,
>
>Have a friend with a 1993 740iL  that has more than likely a toasted
tranny.
>I had thought it was the 'check ball  valve body' failure from his
description
>and reading on the net, but he  continued to drive it anyway. It now does
>nothing, won't engage any gear so I am  assuming a replacement (good used
unit)
>as no shop will touch it for diagnostic  purposes. My question would be
how
>many different trannys were available? We  found a shop to do a mechanical
quid
>pro quo swap, but he was leery of the  'programming' as well. Am I wrong
to
>assume a direct swap with a known working  unit is a straight (8 hour per
book)
>swap? I want to order the tranny for him to  get it done but I want to
make
>sure I get the right part.
>
>TIA,
>Jim  Laing
>Evo Clown
>POSe30s and such



------------------------------

End of [bmwuucdigest] digest(1 messages)
**********

Reply via email to