From: Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Tue, 14 June, 2011 8:01:36
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] proposed bylaws changes

Hi Toki,

toki wrote on 2011-06-10 19.16:

> When I was reading German law on non-profits, my impression was the
> By-Laws had to specify how members of the board of directors, and any
> advisory board were selected, and mid-term replacements done.
>
> I don't see anything in the by-laws that specifies how mid-term
> replacements are done. Is that not legally required?

we have some rules on that, like "Each member of the BoD must appoint one
Community Member as deputy who can replace her/him in case of need, and who has
the same rights during her/his period of absence or unavailability." or "The
Chairperson can be discharged and replaced by the BoD at any time."

However, it indeed might be needed that we incorporate some more details into
the binding statutes we are currently preparing. I have details on this soon.

Thanks for pointing this out!
Florian

-- Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
steering-discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org