________________________________
From: David Nelson <comme...@traduction.biz>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Thu, 9 June, 2011 11:24:02
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] proposed bylaws changes

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 13:15, Michael Meeks <michael.me...@novell.com> wrote:
>        Ho hum; I'm personally averse to widespread small changes - they tend
> not to get the level of review that is required, and we were IMHO very
> badly burned by the level of un-reviewed change before the bylaws were
> frozen; that then required extensive expenditure of time (that is still
> ongoing) to get them into better shape.
>
>        Personally, I'd like to see all such changes posted here for some
> sanity checking first along with some justification. We have code review
> during code freezes, even more so legalese review.

I recall that "people" were requested to read the bylaws properly
before voting on the original draft... :-P

I would only make strictly *spelling and grammatical* corrections,
nothing more. Do I have an OK for that?

David Nelson

Hi :)
I think it is a good idea to do a spelling and grammar check although i suspect
that Florian has probably already flagged up the only 4 issues.  It would be
good for a native En-Us speaker to double-check jic.  Given that registration
will be done in Germany it is more important to get the German translation
reasonably perfect rather than the En-Us version.

Alfresco seem to be a great place for storing documents in a way that allows
people to reviews and create a "working notes file"  so that when a particular
document/rule/guideline/policy is scheduled for review the changes could be
discussed and possibly added (if agreed).

Regards from
Tom :)