2019年12月3日 06:21:43 Sam Tuke :

> Thanks Thorsten; that's very helpful context. The 48% chance you referenced
> does indicate that the issue is still larger than this particular election.
> It's also worth noting that Gabriele, Italo, and others did a great job of
> reminding us of the opportunity to stand, and the deadlines.
> As the election has a strict timetable, it seems that a procedural change
> would now be necessary in order to avoid a board devoid of women.
> Were procedural changes possible, they could include extending the nomination
> phase, or keeping one or more seats open explicitly for a female board member
> in future. If such changes are impossible, then those ideas could be explored
> by the next board.
> Thoughts from other Board members or Trustees? This might be the most direct
> stimulus to this subject for another two years.
> Thanks,
> Sam.

IIRC in the current term the board has only few decisions regarding genders.
Currently I care more about the diversity of the community itself, i.e. to
motivate communities in different countries, to include different fields of
people like designing, marketing, politics, …etc. We may need more spaces to
make these people shining in the FOSS world.

Also, ages may be a more serious problem than genders especially in some local
communities. That's why I proposed the students program, to try attracting more
young people into the community.

As for the board, I'm sure that it will eventually be diverse enough as long as
1) the composition of our community members are broad enough, and 2) we don't
block the interactions between the board of trustees and the BoD and the MC.

--
Franklin Weng, Member, Board of Director & Certification Committee
[https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint]