Hello,

there is the view that diversity is key for a successful community,
leading body etc.  This counts for open source communities and their
(leading) bodies too.

I had a look into the applications for the next TDF board and found
there the narration 'while our user base is amazingly diverse, and so is
our  community (...)'.

This makes me curious and I tried to find out, if the applications
reflects this narration.

First I had a look at gender of the candidates and thought that among
them would be more women than among the members of the German federal
parliament (Deutscher Bundestag):
https://www.bundestag.de/abgeordnete/biografien/mdb_zahlen_19/frauen_maenner-529508
709 members, 221 women and 488 men; about 31 % female members.
TDF board candidates: 12 candidates, 0 women, 12 men;  accurate 0 % women.
Thus the prediction about the gender relation of the next TDF board is
not that difficult. There will not be any gender diversity.

The newspapers and news pages  in Germany talk about a Swedish study
today that women are the better leaders, because of their soft skills.

I looked further around for amazingly diversity among the candidates.
But I don't get the information that among them is someone who is not
working inside the IT business. Is this an effigy of the current TDF
community?

Let's have a look at the affiliation of the candidates. One of them
declared him 'an independent candidate', something that alerted me and
made me suspicious. And I found this:
http://samtuke.com/tag/collabora/
and
http://samtuke.com/2015/12/goodbye-collabora-hello-phplist/

But the message of the declaration 'an independent candidate' could read
as: I'm the only independent candidate.

Let's have a look on the affiliation of the candidates: five or more (?)
of the twelf candidates have an affiliation with one company: about 41%.

It seemed this overcompensate the missing balance between female and
male board candidates ;-)

Kind regards,
Andreas