Hi all,

Lothar Becker wrote on 03/12/2019 08:01:
> Thanks all for the input for this issues.

Same feeling here.

> I think the gender issue is realy serious but I agree also with Franklin
> that there are additional issues of diversity we face. That was my

Indeed, which what I do not want to suggestion any order (or lacking of
that) in importance.

> We all then should reach out, hearing and understanding these parts of
> the community (or the missing/rare ones e.g. members from a missing
> continent like Africa) and then acting in their benefit. If it then
> turns out that we need a special role in sense of gender spokesperson in
> which seat so ever, then thats it, or if we should reach open source
> events in Africa to meet and encourage them, or have an international
> scholarship programm for getting young contributers, we could decide
> even with this new board. This is our responsibility then, if elected.

That was my idea too. There will be occasions where the board is able to
share work with a team, special group. In these situations it is good to
try to involve people from women and other groups that are under
represented.
Then gradually this will grow a situation where a wider variety of
people is active and willing to stand for a position in board, MC, ..

> To stopp the process of election here I think that is a very complicated
> idea.

If not impossible ;)

> To hear and discuss a new way of nomination and seats with the
> community for the next one In 2 years to avoid this current situation,

In general I've a stronger believe in enabling, lowering barriers, etc.
than in forcing by rules, but..

> hearing and discussing these in the sense of having more transparency
> between the bodies board, mb and members, I think this is a realy
> crucial task for the new board, which I hope to help with.

.. I hope to be with you there ;)

Greetings,
Cor

--