Andreas thanks for taking the time to put all those bits together in your post. And would like to add that you are not the first developer stating that there were an artificial barrier for LOOL development and that is reflected in the lack of contributions back claimed by Lazlo.

/me don't like the idea to "recommended" any version at all, user (person/corporate) has the right of make its own choice. What TDF should do, and already does if I'm not mistaken, is emphasize that organizations in need of dedicated support should turn to the companies in the ecosystem, not one in particular.

Also support Sophi's proposal about the needing of a *serious discussion between the ecosystem and TDF with the aim to find a fair place for everybody*.

--
Uso LibreOffice, por privacidad, seguridad y control de mis datos.
Da un vistazo a la mejor suite de oficina: https://es.libreoffice.org