Hi Brad,

There is a lot to discuss here. I'll go back later and make specific comments. It'd be great to talk in person at boostcon, (boostcon rocks, by the way.)

I understand/agree with a lot of your points (especially bulkiness, and the need to reduce the number of toplevel targets), in most cases because I've learned more about cmake since I implemented what is currently on the boost trunk.

Brad King wrote:
[snip]
In summary, I'd like to help you folks address these issues.  Some of
the work will be in Boost's CMake code and some in CMake itself.  The
work will benefit both projects.  We can arrange to meet at BoostCon,
but we can probably get alot of discussion done on this list before
then.  BTW, can anyone suggest a preferred format for a BoostCon
session from the boost-cmake-devs' point of view?

I don't personally see a formal presentation to boost-cmake devs as being useful, there just aren't enough of us (last I checked there were three).
I'd suggest we just sit down together... there are plenty of conference rooms
available at all times.   The boost-cmake-for-users talk could of course reflect
whatever we get done between now and then.

-t