Jeroen wrote:
*************
You have not been paying attention then. I define
"anti-Semite" as "a person who hates Semites". It
should therefore be quite obvious that, to
me, the word "anti" in "anti-Semite" means "enemy of"
or "someone who is against".
*************

I think it is you who have not been paying attention -
the proper definition of "anti-Semite" has been posted
multiple times, with numerous clarifications.  Your
use of the term is, in regards to the specific meaning
of the term "anti-Semite", incorrect.

Do you acknowledge that the Oxford English Dictionary
is an authoritative source on proper meaning and usage
of words in the English language?

Your apparent confusion regarding the *meaning* of the
term "anti-Semite" is all I'm trying to straighten
out.  If you've been called a Jew-hater, then you can
refute the charge.  Perhaps your statements were taken
out of context, or you inadvertantly phrased something
incorrectly in the heat of the moment - those things
can be straightened out.  If you refuse to deny
charges of ethnic or religious intolerance, choosing
instead to hide behind what you *want* the term
"anti-Semite" to mean, it does no good for your
defense.

Admitting you were operating from a mistaken
understanding will not demolish your case, it will
instead allow you to focus your efforts toward
refuting charges of prejudice that have been leveled
against you.  Surely that's your goal, isn't it?

Adam C. Lipscomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]