At 23:37 05-10-2002 +1000, Ray Ludenia wrote:

>J. van Baardwijk wrote a beautifully researched and referenced post:

Why, thank you!   :-)

>Now if you would only do the same for that other word.....

I am trying, but doing a Google search on "anti-Semite" returns a hell of a
lot more links than a search on "blate". I know the support for my claim is
out there, but it seems to get lost in the vast numbers of the two kinds of
sites you find when searching on "anti-Semite".

1. The pro-Israel sites where those who criticise Israel are called
"anti-Semite" in an attempt to silence them.

2. The pro-Arab sites and the Israel-critical sites where people complain
about being accused of anti-Semitism (again, in an attempt to silence them)
merely for criticising Israel.

Jeroen "And now, back to studying" van Baardwijk