In a message dated 12/7/2002 7:43:45 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  Someone write this down.  It appears that William "Obscure (Albeit On
Topic)
> Uplift References Are My Life's Blood" Taylor just missed someone else's.
> think on-topicness coming from another listee may have thrown him.  :-)
>
>  William, I'm afraid as penance, you will be forced to write "I will reread
_
> The Uplift War_" 100 times on the blackboard.  ^-^
>
>  Jim

Maybe I was standing on my head thinking of blue stockings.

Where is that Bulwer's when you need it....

Nope. Google on Blue + Feather + Queen just gets SCA and some dumb carpet
store.

White feather gets flooded with good to bad movie reviews.

Yellow feather...... Am I looking through a cracked looking glass?

Lost.

Trying Uplift War.......

Ah.

Is this a drunken Canadian Uplift joke?

Something about having a Gubruski......

Too many queen references spoil the wroth.

>William, I'm afraid as penance, you will be forced to write "I will reread _
> The Uplift War_" 100 times on the blackboard.  ^-^

Unless I get a pillow, I will not reread The Uplift War even once while lying
on a blackboard.

Besides, they are green nowadays.

And the obscure Uplift references of today just might be the plot anchors of
the future.

I don't particularly like shared world anthologies, but I'll throw a lot of
crib sheets Dr. Brin's way to see if he stuffs any of them down his sleeves.

I've received a "gem" or two from the good Dr. Brin on dirty tricks and weird
ideas as in how to keep 3,000 high school students alive after being
kidnapped by aliens. [Non-Uplift story.]

Being short of bedding, I particularly like the idea of one kid crumpling up
the language lab tapes into his gym shirt to make a pillow. Best use ever for
those damn annoying tapes. Revenge is sweet, even if it's too lumpy to bring
sweet dreams.

Hope he uses it.

Getting him to write a story where a Wazoon tries to walk while dressed up as
a rubber tree plant is going to be a tougher sell.

"Why would a Wazoon try to spy while dressed up as a rubber tree plant?". I
hear you ask.

He had high hopes.

William Taylor