At 15:15 31-01-2003 -0600, Julia Thompson wrote:

> But please don't give them any idea's. In the Netherlands we have
> already so much strange orange objects propping up their ugly head around
> 29 april that it is more then enough without blackboards being under
> attack as well. ;o).

What happens on 29 April, and what are the orange objects?
On April 29, people prepare for the festivities on April 30 -- Queen's Day.

And pretty much every object (as well as many human beings) can be seen in an orange version on Queen's Day.

Officially, on Queen's Day we celebrate the Queen's birthday. However, April 30 is not actually *her* birthday, but the birthday of HRH Princess (and former Queen) Juliana. The real birthday of HM Queen Beatrix is er... oh heck, whaddaya know... it's today -- January 31. (She's turning 65 today.)

When Beatrix became Queen, she announced that Queen's Day would continue to be celebrated on April 30. The reason was very simple: the weather tends to be a lot better at the end of April then at the end of January. :-)

Jeroen "Happy Birthday, boss!" van Baardwijk

Wonderful-World-of-Brin-L Website: http://www.Brin-L.com

LEGAL NOTICE:
By replying to this message, you understand and accept that your replies (both on-list and off-list) may be published on-line and in any other form, and that I cannot and shall not be held responsible for any negative consequences (monetary and otherwise) this may have for you.