It may be a trendı, but some of the classrooms I teach in have "black" boards (or green ones or even brown ones), whereas others have whiteboards. Which means I get to haul around boxes of both colored chalk and markers for school . . . plus markers for overhead transparencies (eventually, I hope to get enough of the charts and figures and such on CD-ROM that I don't have to rely on the overhead so much, but it's a slow process: I have several GB of stuff on this machine to get sorted, labelled, and burned into CD-ROM for that purpose, and of course there's always something new to add, like the latest photos from some current space mission . . . )

(ıAnd in a "trend" I hope someone nips in the bud, the science labs in a new building built only a couple of years ago have *no* boards or other writing surfaces of any color or type, meaning that when any of us has a class in there, we have to haul in an easel with either a portable chalkboard (a heavy item to haul up to the third floor, where said labs are located) and chalk or one of those big pads or paper (expensive to use) and _chart_ markers . . . )

--Ronn!

I was wondering about this. One, just one teacher, had his whole semester in one class done in powerpoint and someone from another school had given it to him! This in an electrical engineering / computer engineering school curriculum! I know teachers are busy but it seems so logical: do all the hard work once then just edit when you need to.

Why aren't there any decent teaching programs? We can program computers to play chess, but a program that can teach an eight grader algebra? No way!

Kevin T.
I'd do it, but I'm tired