----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Pensinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: SCOUTED: Segway scooter hot seller online

> So I see in the Segway and (hopefully) its descendants a means to move
> towards a smaller, more efficient means of transportation.

How is it more efficient for commuting than other forms of single person
transportation that use very little fuel, such as scooters?

>Obviously  the scope if this first iteration is limited, but its a start,
a new
> idea, and I hope it's successful.

Well, the TV phone was a new idea too.  We were all supposed to have TV
phones by now; the first prototypes were available over 40 years ago.  Most
new well hyped technology doesn't live up to their promise.  It is possible
to criticize individual efforts without being a luddite.

Dan M.