On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Erik Reuter wrote:

> > 2.  Install military government while making current Iraqi exiles a
> > local authority/advisory council (in spite of the fact that no one in
> > Iraq wants them).
>
> How do we know that most people in Iraq would hate a government
> organized by the INC?

I don't, really.  But several reports out of Iraq that I've seen and heard
contain a notes about how the locals consider the Iraqi exile community a
bunch of elitists who escaped when the going got tough and who hope to
lord it over the rest when they return on Uncle Sam's dime.  Now maybe
that's an exaggeration...IIRC one of those reports was on NPR, so it is
therefore immediately suspect to 1/2 or more of all good red-blooded
Americans. :-)

Marvin Long
Austin, Texas
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Poindexter & Ashcroft, LLP (Formerly the USA)

http://www.breakyourchains.org/john_poindexter.htm