From: "Marvin Long, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Your Favorite SciFi/Fantasy Movie Soundtrack?
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:49:45 -0600 (CST)

Brother!!!  :-)  I remember sitting in the theater when the movie was
first released -- I was about 10 years old -- and being mesmerized by the
first three minutes where all you see are the stars rushing past, and all
you hear is that gentle musical prelude.  "Space, meet opera.  Opera, meet
space."  I still get the shivers when I watch the movie today.

I have to agree 100%.

> (I'm also really happy to see the Enterprise leave drydock without having to
> see the clamps holding the model under it. They *finally* removed that
> horrible faux-pas from the released version of the film).

I've seen the movie dozen or two times, but I have to admit I never really
noticed that bit. Ha!
Take a look at any pre-DVD version of the movie. When the Enterprise leaves drydock the first time, look at the lower left hand corner of the screen (your left hand). You see the clamp as it gently moves the model forward. I always thought it was funny. But it took away the credibility a bit. And judging by the impressive roster of the sfx film (Doug Trumbull and co.), they should've noticed!!

JJ