Robert Seeberger wrote:

Erik, could you give me a brief rundown on the repeatable experiments performed in the past that tried to prove or disprove the existence of deities or Deity. I'd also like to hear your opinion on the qualities that would make or not make them "good science".

And while you're at it, how about a rundown on the repeatable experiments performed in the past that tried to prove or disprove the existence of The easter bunny, the tooth fairy, santa claus and, for that matter, IPUs.

I know it sounds like I'm being sarcastic or flippant, but you seem to have
been convinced at some point by something you consider factual or actual,
and I'm curious as to what it was you found to be convincing.

I would say that the burden of proof is on those who claim that something exists despite a complete absence of credible evidence.

Question for yourself and the rest of the believers on the list: If you believe in a god, why? What convinced you?

Doug