Julia Thompson wrote:

Is there some age at which children of divorced parents can have a say
in where they live?

Various states in the US have that, and the age varies from state to
state.  It's 14 *somewhere*.  Don't know anything beyond that.

The courts in most Australian states will listen to children's preferences, but they don't get to make the choice.
Same would apply to my kids if something happenned to me - they're deemed old enough to know what they want, but not old enough to know what's best for them (which is probably a fair attitude).

Cheers
Russell C.