--- David Hobby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       This argument has many flaws, but the most
> important
> one is that I do not have any clear idea of who
> Katha Pollit
> is, and might well have misspelled her name
> repeatedly.  : )
>       I was responding to YOUR examples of her
> "extremism".
> She might well be extreme, I don't know.  But the
> example you
> gave of avoiding the symbolism of the American flag
> does not
> seem very extreme to me.  So either YOU need to
> provide better
> examples of her extremism, or I am an extremist too.
>
>                                       ---David

No, David, you proved my much larger point.
Congratulations, _you_ are the perfect example for why
the left has no relevance to American politics today.
You pegged it in one - I do say you're an extremist
too.  If you really feel that it's reasonable to call
the American flag a symbol of hatred - which you have
just repeatedly said you do - you have just proven my
larger point about the collapse of the left far better
than I ever could.  Out of your own mouth.  I couldn't
have _asked_ for a better post to make my point.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"