I dunno.. I saw Pedro running down in the 7th, and Grady should've pulled him then.
You have to stand up to the stars :)

> >Sportsmanship?  Protecting his arm from a crazed old man? ;)
>
> That's 'Crazed Old Man with a plate in his head' to you. ;-)
>
> Purely to play devil's advocate, how is he 'protecting his
> arm' by taking a man more than twice his age by the noggin and hurling him to
> the ground?

I dunno.. I kind of felt like Pedro was wrong, but then I watched the tape of the
incident last night (finally) and thought Pedro's "throw" was pretty defensive.. a big
guy, who is also an OLD guy, comes barrelling at you.. WTF are you supposed to do but
toss the guy to the side and back the hell away? *shrug*

> >Points to Pedro for walking into Yankee Stadium and pitching 7 great
> >innings.
> >

> Points off for the beanball he threw that started it all and
> subsequent lack
> of apology to the fans and Zim.  What a sportsman!  ;-)

So the beanball was deliberate?  I think people have an over-inflated sense of the
amount of control pitchers actually have.  Further, even if it WAS deliberate,
Zimmerman charging the mound was his fault?  Man, Zim should own his own emotions..
which he did in that press conference, much to his credit.

I'd like to see PEdro say something like "For what its worth, what happened was
screwed up, and for whatever role I had in it, I apologize"  That would've been class.

Extra bonus points if he'd trotted over to the yankee's dugout and offered to shake
Zims hand.

-j-