At 11:10 AM 12/13/03, Travis Edmunds wrote:
From: Ronn!Blankenship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Outlandish but exceedingly fun.
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:44:01 -0600

Someone once suggested that Tromites have the potential of being among the most powerful beings around, but the writers never seem to allow the sole surviving representative of that race to cut loose. (Perhaps that's why they made him some sort of monk . . . ?)

Can you elaborate a little? I'm a comic freak, yet have never heard of Tromites.

<<http://members.shaw.ca/legion_roll_call/legionnaires/element_lad/>>

While sticking to Marvel/DC though, I can say that the Hulk is viewed as being possibly the most powerful being. It is conjectured that he has no limitations, and can quite simply grow ever more powerful.

I (and others) would argue that, depending on the circumstances, "most powerful" does not necessarily mean "able to exert the greatest number of newtons of force of raw strength." (Although apparently that seems to be an interpretation of the question which started this thread.) And though holding up a mountain range (in one of the issues of _Secret Wars_) does indeed require a lot of raw strength, on at least one occasion (Superboy Vol. 1 #58 (July 1957): "The 100 New Feats of Superboy" ¹) the Silver Age Superboy moved the entire Earth a small distance (then moved it back) and the pre-reboot Mon-El has moved a (smaller?) body a greater distance in order to hide it from space pirates of some sort inside a dark nebula (an issue of LSH sometime in the mid-80s, IIRC).

_____
¹Certainly someone can tell me (without looking it up) why moving the Earth was feat #99 of the titular "100 feats", and what feat #100 was . . .

-- Ronn! :)