"Ronn!Blankenship" wrote:

> At 05:54 PM 12/22/03, Julia Thompson wrote:

> > > Hadn't blow dryers been invented then?
> >
> >Yes.  And given the damage my hair took when I was about 7-10 years old
> >from using one on a regular basis, I wasn't interested in using one.
>
> When you did use one, did you turn the stereo up loud enough to listen to
> it while you dried your hair . . . and incidentally allow everyone within
> several hundred feet to also listen to it?  (I would be visiting a girl's
> apartment in college and one of her roommates would be drying her hair
> while listening to the stereo, making conversation difficult in the living
> room . . . )

I don't think I've used one since sometime in high school, and I never
used one at the same time I was trying to listen to music.  I think
maybe at some point, my mom used one on me in the den where the TV was,
but if the TV was on, the volume wasn't turned up for *my* benefit.
(Might have been turned up a bit for someone else's benefit.)

> >Plus which, I didn't have one, and at 2AM I didn't feel like going to
> >someone else's room to wake them up and ask if they'd brought one.  :)
>
> I finally found a hairstyle that will dry naturally rather than having to
> be blow-dried very carefully to keep the wave at least somewhat under
> control.  Of course, it does not meet Air Force or BYU standards . . .

I think the last time I used a blow dryer, it had something to do with
having used mousse to get my hair to stay in place.  I only used that on
special occasions, though.  Now I use hairspray for the purpose, and
that at most 4 times a year.

> Cats Don't Like To Be Blow-Dried After Their Bath Maru

Briana doesn't seem to mind at the groomer's, and we don't bother with
that here.  :)

        Julia