At 08:56 PM 1/11/2004 EST [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I am completely unable to understand why you dismiss this so cavalierly.

I am not dismissing this cavalierly.  The person being cavalier here is the
former *Clinton* Administration Official who is calling for *impeachment*.
 That's cavalier.

For the record:

1) If there is unreliable information on this List, it is surely
information from a liberal blog reposted by another liberal log and then
reposted here by Brin-l's chief propagandia officer.    I am not at all
convinced that I am dealing with a full deck of facts here.

2) I support a law making it illegal for the US to turn over any person of
any sort to countries on the State Dept.'s torture list.

3) Assuming we have all the facts here, it looks like someone screwed up
here.   This should not have happened.   I expect that after a protest from
the Canadian embassy, assuming that all of these facts hold up,  that the
fact that this was a mistake will be admitted.  This looks like the sort of
story that, if true, would produce  outrage in the mainstream press - not
just on liberal blogs.

JDG