In a message dated 1/13/2004 4:03:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
And lying about an affair in what way significantly way precludes him from
faithfully upholding and defending the laws of the US? We seem back in
absolute morality territory here John.

Come on Bob.    IT IS CALLED PERJURY!    I am shouting because that was
posted at least twice on the List in the past day, and I know full well
that you know what crime is at stake here.    And yet, you somehow can't
connect the two?

But I forgot, lying is only criminal when Republicans do it.
I have never made that claim John and you know it. Lying is always bad and
breaking the law is always bad but there are degrees of badness. My take on
Clinton has always been that he is brilliant but seriously flawed individual. And
he was clearly outfoxed by his enemies. The Jones suit was allowed to go
forward while he was the sitting president because the court ruled that it would
not hinder his ability to be president. This turned out to be incorrect. This of
course his fault in part. But he was certainly helped along by the Starr
investigation. This went far afield of its original mandate. Basically with all
the money they needed and essentially unlimited power to investigate they got
him. I do not absovlve him of responsibility but I did not then and do not now
view that as cause for removal from office.