In a message dated 1/11/2004 9:11:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Let me use a relevant example.   Would it be "hypocrisy" for a high school
> student who believes that the Federal Education Loan program is
> unconstitutional under the "limited powers" clause to accept federal
> education loans to go to college?    Even though the existance of these
> loans have caused the prices of higher education to skyrocket?
>
> I answer "no" to that question.... it would *not* be hypocrisy in my mind.
> Indeed, the existance of these loans have so distorted the market for
> higher education, in terms of driving private loans out of the market and
> escalating the price that it would be only sensible to
> accept these loans,
> even in spite of one's views

But of course if one holds strong moral views then one should follow those views. It
is of course at least mildly hypocritical to take a loan under these circumstances but
it would be much more hypocritical to take such a loan and then having received an
education to fight to have such loans eliminated. Of course I do not accept your
suggestion that in the abscence of student loan programs there would inexpensive
commercial loans.

So let me try this another way. If Rush's behavior is not hypocrital than provide me
an example of hypocracy. But to make it a bit more challenging to you. The
hypothetical hypocricy cannot be the actions of a democrat/liberal that is it cannot
be anything like "a dirty liberal who says she holds life sacred but accepts abortion"
for that is not hypocricy that is a different moral position than yours. As opposed to
someone who explicitly behaves in a manner that he/she considers wrong.