In a message dated 1/16/2004 7:17:22 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  You might be onto something with the Jophur.  I can't remember if any made
> it
>  back to Civilization with info about Jijo.  I think Brin arranged it so
they

>  didn't.

Harry's ship arrived back on Jijo ahead of the remains of a full Jophur
invasion.

An invasion force, I had thought, that was called up from the first Jophur to
arrive at Jijo.

* * * *

I know it is within Alvin's character to spend his entire fortune on the
Rousit Uplift Ceremony if it would save them from becoming old style hoon clones.

I know that given Dr. Brin's tendency to insert a bit of Gilbert & Sullivan
where possible, Alvin will first produce an all hoon rendition of H.M.S.
Pinafore, and then the Mikado as the second play.

Mudfoot changes the little list song to include hoon government officials and
all hell breaks loose.

If a hoon can be written up as wearing full japanese dress, then there has to
be a way to get Alvin's book published.

Trent, do you at least agree with the idea that books actually published as
books have an environmental surtax, and also a higer royalty to the author than
a book only published electronically.

(It's a fad to read about Jijo by acting as if you were actually on Jijo.)

William Taylor