In a message dated 1/16/2004 8:27:48 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > Trent, do you at least agree with the idea that books actually published
as
>  > books have an environmental surtax, and also a higer royalty to the
author
>  > than a book only published electronically.
>
>  In our world or in Uplift?  (Galactics *ONLY* publish books
electronically.)

(If a hoon had a middle finger longer than the other two, Alvin might
actually want to give an opinion about following Galactic only-isms.)

>  > (It's a fad to read about Jijo by acting as if you were actually on
Jijo.)

>  It is?  Where?  When? Who?

Uplift Earth          As soon as it's published

Anyone who's followed what happened to the Streaker.
Anyone who likes reading about aliens behaving more like humans than aliens.
Anyone who's interested in embarasing the current hoon government.

Left out why.

As a plot device to throw Alvin more money.

...and to get people thinking about the future of electronic publishing.

There's the old hack story about hiring the homeles to check out library
books they never read just to get the author more in royalties.

This is fun.

William Taylor