----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryon Daly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: Thoughts on gay marriage?

> >From: Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 04:32:36PM -0600, Dan Minette wrote:
> > > From: "Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Than getting along with the people you love?  What could be more
> >important
> > > than a good intimate relationship?
> >
> >N/A. Yawn.
>
> Pardon me if I'm prying here, but are you rejecting intimate
relationships
> in general, or just dismissing his argument?  It seems the former, but
> outside the clergy, I don't know any voluntarily celibate people (for the
> long term, anyway), so your response surprises me.

FWIW, I don't have the equation intimate==sex.  Healthy family
relationships are intimate relationships, one night stands are not.  Yes,
if you look, the sixth definition of intimate in the dictionary at

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=intimate

has that definition, but the first five don't.  My use was in line with
definitions 1-3 & 5.

I'm not jumping on you for reading it this way, I'm just explaining my word
choice.

On the internet, true friendships can develop.  I've visited with a number
of different Brin-L folks in real life and, for the most part, the on line
friendships just continued in RL.

Dan M.