"Robert J. Chassell" wrote:

>     but that was *nothing* compared to the discussion about sex in the
>     Japanese restaurant...
>
> Please tell us about the discussion.  (You can ignore the sex; some of
> us know about sex.  Who were the people at the restaurant?  What did
> you say?  What was mortifying? {think `were I writing a novel'} I keep
> being reminded of a comment by a elderly British, female demographer
> that "Dutch parents talk about sex with their children; English
> parents don't".)

When you have a carrying voice and two teenaged daughters, discussing
much about sex in a restaurant is liable to embarrass them.

It wasn't so much that we minded what was being said about sex, but that
it was being said a little too loudly.

There weren't very many *other* people in the restaurant, just enough
just close enough for us to be mortified.  :)

(And the topic was female orgasm.)

        Julia