In a message dated 2/16/2004 10:26:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I'm not comfortable with amending the Constitution willy-nilly.  And I
> find it ironic that the group pushing hardest for amendments lately (at
> least in my perception) are titled "conservatives".

I wonder how serious some republicans are about this. As we all know it is
very hard to get an amendment to the constitution passed. It takes years and
lots of politicing. So to propose an amendment (wow, even better than a law)
satisfies a religous base without actually having to bring the devisive issue to
the legislative arena.