From: "John D. Giorgis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> At 05:27 PM 2/15/2004 -0800 Doug Pensinger wrote:
> >> That, and the fact that Shrek is on TV tonight.... :-)
> >
> >Good movie, hope you don't have to watch it on network...
>
> Yes, it was on NBC last night.
>
> It was definitely a solid movie.   A little too much potty humour for my
> tastes though, and I thought that the beginning was a bit slow.   The
> animation was a little uneven, though, especially of the human characters.
>   Also occasionasly there would be some brilliant animation, for example,
> of the donkey - but that would just highlight some of the weakness
> elsewhere.    I occasionally found the rock music distracting from the
> "fairy tale feel" of the film - and I felt the same way about the pro
> wrestling scene.    On the other hand, I loved some of the "fairy tale
> humor", and the suprise ending was good for a fairy tale as well.

I think the point of the movie Shrek is that it is supposed to be an
anti-fairy tale.  The story of an ogre going to save a princess and deliver
her to a less-than-prince-charming is not exactly typical fairy-tale fare.
The music and crudeness I think are to highlight that fact.

Michael Harney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]