----- Original Message -----
From: "John D. Giorgis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: The color of truth (L3) (part 1)

> At 06:32 PM 3/30/2004 -0800 Doug Pensinger wrote:
> >But the evidence points to the fact that Clinton/Gore took them _more_
> >seriously than Bush did.
>
> What evidence is this?
>
> >I'm convinced by the evidence that 9/11 is less likely to have happened
> >under Gore.  What exactly is it that convinces you otherwise?
>
> A shocking conclusion I have seen nowhere else.   Why do you believe
this?

> JDG

Personally, I don't think the chances would have been much less likely, but
it seems that Bush downplaying AQ before 9-11 is fairly well established.

From

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-benjamin30mar30,1,2404456.story?coll=la-news-comment-opinions

<quote>

Even if one dismisses Sheridan's remarks as those of a political appointee,
the same cannot be done for Don Kerrick. A three-star general, Kerrick had
served at the end of the Clinton administration as deputy national security
advisor, and he spent the final four months of his military career in the
Bush White House. He sent a memo to the NSC's new leadership on "things you
need to pay attention to." He wrote about Al Qaeda: "We are going to be
struck again."

But he never heard back. "I don't think it was above the waterline. They
were gambling nothing would happen," he said.

The most damaging remarks came from Gen. Henry H. Shelton, chairman of the
Joint Chiefs of Staff until Oct. 1, 2001. Shelton told us that in the Bush
administration terrorism had moved "farther to the back burner." He also
recounted how the Joint Chiefs of Staff, frustrated at the lack of progress
in dealing with Al Qaeda, had begun a disinformation program in the last
year of the Clinton administration to create dissent within the Taliban.
But Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and Deputy Defense Secretary Paul
D. Wolfowitz shut it down. Counterterrorism, the new leadership felt, was
not a military mission.

Shelton added, "The squeaky wheel was Dick Clarke, but he wasn't at the top
of their priority list, so the lights went out for a few months." Shelton
summed up Rumsfeld's attitude as being "this terrorism thing was out there,
but it didn't happen today, so maybe it belonged lower on the list."

<end quote>

Dan M.