> When you invade peoples countries, they tend to get angry. We would get
just as angry. But somehow its
>not OK for them to do that? So when your children are killed by a
misplaced US bomb, you are just
>supposed to like it? Or perhaps in you grief and horror, you might fall
back on the only social structure that
>remains in what used to be your country. Like maybe, in Iraq's case,
religion. And as it happens, thats
>Islam.

But, that doesn't always happen.  Take, for example, the US invasion of
Panama.  The US invaded on a fairly thin pretext, deposed the dictator, and
set up a government.  To first order, that government is still in power.
To first order, the people of Panama are happy with the actions of the US
(polls by neural organizations have been done).

> We are being fed bullshit. Invading Iraq was a mistake. You cant champion
democracy and freedom
>and then fuck over peoples countries just cos it makes you feel good. I
supported the Afhgan Invasion.

Are you suggesting that the people of Iraq were better off before the
invasion.  What measure would you give of that?

Dan M.