From: Deborah Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Reviews for Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ"
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 09:26:26 -0700 (PDT)

your viewpoint was that "evil" is more
relative, and that there is no Evil as such; Rob's was
that Evil does exist - IIRC.  It's a bit of semantics,
perhaps, but in spite of my assertion that there's a
lot of grey out there, I think certain acts are
inherently evil, and it seems that some people
actively serve Evil (as opposed to the merely greedy,
stupid, or misguided who perpetrate many cruel acts).

I cannot agree with you on that score, as I actively spout a big fat juicy relativism on issues such as this.

That there exists inherent evil, I simply cannot fathom. I can however understand and accept the use of the word 'evil' in situations where it is used as a *collectively agreed upon* term to describe something that people for the most part consider BAD.

OTOH, I don't believe in a Devil as such.  We humans
can choose to promote the Good or the Light or
whatever you want to call it, or we can choose to
increase the Evil, Dark or what-have-you.  Active,
knowing choice is what makes the difference to me:
whether an act or a person is evil (vs. wrong, bad or
illegal etc.), and that the intention and outcome is
pain/suffering to another.

So in other words - It's all relative...

> -Travis "MOM!!! Deborah keeps disagreeing with > me!!!!" Edmunds

<LOL>
"That's all right dear - it's educational!"

Ooh, low blow.

-Travis "funny though" Edmunds

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines