Alberto Monteiro wrote:
Today's biggest br newspaper has a huge story about the
return of Creationism to USA classes. It has the general
flavour of "look how those USAns are stupid to believe
this nonsense".

Yeah. I have a half-formulated response to anyone seriously backing it that hits them below the belt. Something about faith and Thomas the Apostle and stuff. Need to get my reference straight (so as to quote chapter and verse nicely) and figure out the most effective wording.

Of course, if I ever actually use it, I'm likely to be met with either stunned silence or someone screaming at me because I've really angered them.

        Julia

and when I have it figured out, I'll post it.  Really.