Alberto Monteiro wrote:

> No idea. Maybe it's because the USA likes to single it out
> against the rest of the world - like refusing to use metric,
> using the middle-endian calendar system,

I'll grant you that doing day-month-year dates makes more
sense than what we do, but only slightly. Day-month-year is
still stupid, because it makes more sense for the highest-order
to be first, so it should really be year-month-day. That way,
you can sort on a computer much more easily, and it just makes
more sense in general.

It bugs me almost as much as my alarm clock, which turns a
little LED on in the display to denote AM. It would make
*much* more sense for PM to be the high bit, if you have
to use 12-hour time at all.
Steve Sloan ......... Huntsville, Alabama =========> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brin-L list pages .............................. http://www.brin-l.org
Science Fiction-themed online store ..... http://www.sloan3d.com/store
Chmeee's 3D Objects .................... http://www.sloan3d.com/chmeee
3D and Drawing Galleries .................. http://www.sloansteady.com
Software ................ Science Fiction, Science, and Computer Links
Science fiction scans ......................... http://www.sloan3d.com