In a message dated 4/25/2006 8:11:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I'm content to let it remain a mystery.  Like many other things, I don't
> think that whether or not it is literal truth would make any difference in
> the way I live my life.  I often wonder what it is that literalists do
> differently because they take a version of the creation story literally (I
> say a version because the Bible has more than one).  What difference does it
> make, really?
>
> What does make a difference is that idea, which I embrace, that creation is
> an ongoing act of God, here, now, in this moment and those to come.

ok - but of course it cannot be the literal truth. Do you see god as an
active agent or something like Spinoza's god, that is the world is a
manifestation
of god - all things are - but god is nature and does act as an "individual"
outside of nature