> On Behalf Of Russell Chapman

> I agree with what you're saying, but I'm curious about why
> you would include TWA800 in the list. It is the one "attack"
> (if it was) on the US in recent times that
> (a) could have been done by a VERY few people - I mean
> Stingers go missing all the time and it only takes one person
> to drive out to the island and launch and
> (b) where very little meaningful evidence has been recovered.

Let's see if I can remember what was said at the time.  I'm not
bothering to look this up so it is from memory.  At the time of that
crash, the story was that the Navy was on maneuvers off Long Island.
One of the ships accidentally (or purposely) fired an anti-aircraft
missile that hit TWA800 and caused the crash.  That means that at the
very least, every sailor on that particular ship would have to be sworn
to secrecy.  And any sailors on any nearby ships that might have heard
or seen anything.  And their families...  That adds up to a lot of
people pretty quickly.

My recollection is that there was quite a bit of that airframe
recovered.  There wasn't much meaningful evidence because there wasn't
much evidence to be found.  No signs of external explosions or missile
hit.  We may not know for sure what caused TWA800 to explode but we know
pretty well what did not.

 - jmh

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.