Car drivers should do a hell of a lot more than a lot of them do - a
little patience goes a long way when you're controlling a tonne or
two of metal and the other guy has 10kgs of metal and a backpack...
as I've indicated in other posts, I've had a fair bit of abuse,
simply for being on a bike.
Commuting is a different story to touring, however, and frustrations
boil over. Even more reason to take care.
Charile

i think riders should do as least as much as drivers to accommodate
each other, if for no other reason than they are more vulnerable.
there is a too much hostility and frustration on the road to risk
generating more.  those sanctimonious riders who insist on their right
of way, even if it means snarling up traffic, are asking for trouble.
jon