On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, jon louis mann wrote:

> This reminds me of two multi-bladed-razor bits of comedy:
> The first is a commercial by Philips for their Coolskin 2005 electric,
> which begins with a fake ad for "Quintippio" with 15 blades.
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV42I26tx2s
>
> The second is an Onion piece, "F*** Everything, We're Doing Five
> Blades", from the era when the idea of a razor with five blades was, in
> itself, comic:
>     http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930
>
> Dave
>
> I gave up on razors 17 years ago -- the last time I used one, I cut a
> lovely little gash in my ankle the night before a job interview.  :P
>
>       Julia
>
> i use a rotary norelco when in a hurry, and when its power pack gives
> up the ghost, i buy the newest latest model.  cheaper than repair and i
> get new rotating heads.
> for a close shave i use the five blade gillette fusion because it
> vibrates, just like an electric.
> jon ~ waxing my ear hair, maru!~}

I like micro-screen shavers better than rotary ones (my first shaver was,
in fact, a rotary Norelco!), and I have a neat Panasonic that works in the
shower very nicely.  (The only problem is being only partway done and
having to open it up to rinse out a buildup of shaving cream mid-shave,
and that's not that big a deal.)

        Julia