My pits get stinky a lot less quickly if I shave them, and if I'm going to run
around bare-legged a lot, some folks find it more appealing if they're shaved.
(I shave my legs only for other people, I shave my pits for myself.)
  Julia

  and thank you for that, being american i have been brainwashed to find hairy
legs on women unattractive.  for some reason i have hardly any armpit hair,
perhaps because i never have shaved there?
  jon