At 09:29 PM Monday 4/28/2008, Doug Pensinger wrote:

>Ronn!'s argument seems to imply that the environmental movement requires
>some sort of eugenics to succeed and I find the implication offensive.

And what I find offensive is the implication I often get from members
of the environmental movement that accomplishing their goals requires
some sort of eugenics, with statements like some of them have made
like "the carrying capacity of the Earth with people practicing a
sustainable lifestyle is at most something like half a billion
people."  And not just because certainly I and everyone else who has
any sort of health problems or otherwise are not in perfect health
and physical shape will be among the 90%+ who will find themselves
considered part of the "surplus population" under such circumstances . . .

. . . ronn!  :)