Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

>> Yeah, bwana, an whail we remane poor and unpoluising, we coze
>> no poblema to the envrinoment.
>
> Just to be clear:  you speak (or at least write) English well.

That's natural: English is almost a second language,
professionally it sometimes becomes the first language, and
I write in English from 10% to 25% of everything I write.
Reading English takes even a higher percentage.

> And obviously have enough money to have a computer.

That's not an obvious consequence. I could be writing from
my job's computer (not mine), or from Web Cafés.

> (TTBOMK I have never seen you so I have no information
> concerning the other item. :))

FWIW, I am "melanine challenged", which is an environmental risk
for someone living in the Tropics. I avoid the Sun as much as I
can, which is very difficult.

> The point, however, is that you seldom hear of any rich,
> white, American environmentalists offering to stop polluting
> and green the planet by composting themselves . . . ;)

Aren't enviromentalists like anyone else? Brazilian
environmentalists who live in Rio or São Paulo (2500 km away from
the Rain Forest) are very talkative about protecting the
Rain Forest, while those that live right there in the hot spot
usually are more concerned about bringing themselves to the
consumer society.

A recent issue was raised by a general that works with native
brazilians in Roraima [NB: if you have no idea where or what
is Roraima, don't be too worried: probably most brazilians
don't know either]. Most environmentalists want to "protect"
the natives, keeping their culture and traditions. The natives
want to buy cars, mp3 players, computers, etc.

Alberto Monteiro