Nick Arnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The examples that come to me are things like urging others to vote for the
> candidate I believe to be most qualified or urging people to give to certain
> charities that believe do good work.

Are you being serious here? Do you really think that might be what I meant?
How is endorsing a candiate or charity imposing or forcing someone to do
something?

> Or reporting drunk drivers, in which
> case I very much wish to see my ideals on said driver.

While this comes slightly closer to what I mean, it is still not
very close. Reporting a law breaker is not really what I meant
by imposing one's ideals.

> I imagine you mean
> some other sort of things, yet I don't really know what they might be.

Some examples would be raising taxes for a national health care plan, barring
a new store from being built on private property, banning short-sales of stock,
raising the minimum wage, import/export tariffs, banning internet gambling,
restricting offshoring, supporting a bailout of the financial industry using
taxpayer
money, windfall profit taxes, price ceilings on gasoline, repealing NAFTA, farm
subsidies, banning smoking, trans-fats, etc....I could go on, but that will do
for
now. By the way, I do not mean to imply that you support these practices. I am
only giving examples.

>  Is  it an opposition to broad notions of economic and social justice?

Huh?