From: "Euan Ritchie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> Sorry if the analogy is confusing or faulty, my main point is that
>> governments are "consenting partners" too.
>
> That just ain't so. As has been observed Government is force. and
> there's sweet F.A negotiation between it, its agents and the citizens it
> bends to its will.
>
> Force generally is not required between consenting adults.
>
> There is the concept of a 'social contract' which is a presumption of an
> agreement of fair dealing between people, their fellow citizens and the
> government but in practice no one's enforcing that contract.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I have never felt the government is
opressing me, or forcing me to do things I don't want to do, and I reckon I
get fair recompence for paying my taxes & obeying the law.  AND if I felt I
was being hard done by I am free to move to NZ, or to any other country that
I can come to a mutually acceptable arrangement with.

Sure some governments are brutal & dishonest, but so are some corporations &
individuals.

Regards,

Wayne.