----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Denton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: Brin: the new Bush ad : I don't see any morphing...

> > If that were the case, then why bring up the requirement of blood
atonement
> > being required as a prerequisite for even the possibility of obtaining
> > God's forgiveness?  That reminds me of Pat Robertson, to put it nicely.
> >

> As critics and supporters admit, Michael Moore seems to easily lapse
> into overblown rhetoric, I have never seen him mention or have anyone
> else attribute to him any beliefs related to blood atonement.

OK, parse the phrase

" sadly, that majority must  now sacrifice their children until enough
blood has
 been let that maybe -- just maybe -- God and the Iraqi people will forgive
us in the end."

Does the invoking of the need for God's forgiveness really not refer to
sin?

Didn't he said that enough blood must be spilled for said forgiveness to
take place?

Now, if you are argueing that he actually said this with his overblown
reteroric but really doesn't believe in some sort of blood karma when asked
for details; I could buy that.  But, he is just as responsible for what he
says as Pat and Rush and Trent are.  Particularly, when he puts in in a
website; where he has time to reflect and review before it goes in there.
Its not as though its a misquote in the Washington Times?

Dan M.