Dan wrote:

It seems to me that that's just the realization that it's going to cost
lives to make things right.  I may be wrong, but I don't see Moore as a
bible scholar or someone caught up in ideas such as blood atonement.

You only have to have some awareness of the cultural background of one of the people of the book to state this. He specifically stated that enough blood must be spilled before there is a chance of God's forgiveness. The only possible way to accept your statement is to assume

1) Moore has no awareness at all of western culture.

2) His use of words is a random coincidence.

It is possible, I suppose. But then it is possible that David Duke's words are also horribly misinterpreted as racist and anti-Semitic too.

Sorry, I still don't buy it. I think you are reading way too much into the statement and then distorting it's meaning with words like "deserve".

In any case, there is still no way to interpret the statement as Moore _wanting_ anyone to die which is really what the argument was initially about.