Not 'a' solution, but 'the' solution. However, the UKU needs bids to make this happen next year. Note that the TDs this year are Tour A/Womens players - if there were 4 B-Tour players to step forward with bids for a 32+ team tournament for 2006, I'm sure they'd be gratefully received.

Obviously the B-Tour player wouldn't have the opportunity to see me mincing around in a headband, but certain sacrifices will have to be made.

Jaimie

Stu Greer writes:

Surley a solution to the difference in times and organisational
problems for TDs would be to split the two tours to different venues,
which is what I half expect to be happening this year and am supprised
it hasen't happened already. This way womens and Tour A could be at
one venue (or even two) and Tour B could be at another.

This way tournaments could be more tailored to the participants. ie
Tour A could have less enthusis on parties and more on providing good
food and accom for the old men, while Tour B could be more about
parties to attract the beginners and students into Ultimate and could
also have longer games like A tour. (I know this is a generalisation
of Tour A and B but probably true).

  This also makes it easier to schedule full games with decent gaps for
  all three competitions, and it means that venues don't have to be
  limited to ones that can hold 30+ pitches, so more people from
  different areas can bid for tournaments.
Stu
Steal #02