Thinking aloud:

The injuries caused when playing consecutive games are made worse due to both the hot weather we have had at both tours and the lack of water at pitch side. Having tried at Nationals 2 years ago to get water to all pitches for the whole day I think that this is a real problem especially in hot weather. Additional water containers would help so that a full one can be left at a pitch while a second is being filled so that they can be constantly cycled.

It may also be an idea to try and add an extra xx mins in the middle of the day to allow an additional break for consecutive playing teams to get lunch and more water.

Finally I would like to say that doing the schedule is a thankless task and we as the ultimate community should both try and offer solutions as well as point out problems. One possibility is to make the A tour a straight knock out event with two full length games per day. Obvious disadvantage to this is the seeding would be critical if we are to get the 16 teams in close to the correct order at the end of the event.

Jo
Clapham